1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark TThp quitting on me....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BOG Lawncare, Sep 13, 2005.

1. BOG Lawncare

BOG Lawncare LawnSite Member

Hello, have a turf tracer hp w/15hp kawasaki engine. have had the mower since i started 3 years ago with no problem until recently. What happens........the mower will run fine for a while and then it'll start stuttering and eventually just die on me while i am mowing. I can crank it right back up and then it'll die on me again sometimes backfiring when it dies. This is what I have done/checked and it has continued to do this.......

-change oil
    -change spark plugs
    -check air filter
    -empty gas and replace with fresh gas
    -check hydro fluid(haven't ever changed)

it was doing this before and after i had done these things. was wondering if it is electrical problem???? or maybe something else i may have overlooked.

please let me know as soon as you can. i would like to fix without paying ridiculous shop prices.

2. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

Adjust your odc levers on your ecs handles( I think thats what they are called, I had the exact same problem, use a allen wrench and adjust them so your switch is being pushed in all the way. It worked for me, John