Exmark tthp vs. exmarktt

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by johnnyusa, Apr 4, 2006.

1. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone own both tt and tthp and is there a difference in quality of cut? The dealer says not.

2. Lynch Landscaping

Lynch Landscaping LawnSite Member

I know somebody who has both and they cut the same.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

There is not going to be a LOT of difference between the two until the going gets tuff.

More HP, deeper deck, and beefier build.
    The Turf Tracer is a whole lot more machine. Ever seen them side by side?

How much difference in price do they want for the Turf Tracer?

4. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I was in this situation last year between the two. I doubt they cut differnt ( I have used both). Like others said its all about horsepower. I don't think its a deeper deck inless you get the Ultra Cut on the TT. I think you can still get hte trivantage. Sometimes I wish I got the TT instead of the HP but then I think of the money. My decsion came down to that I mow my lawns weekly and I don't do too many over grown lots and my lawns are drenched with fert every week.

5. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i have both personally i like my tthp cut better.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

They are not both 52" though...

7. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

I have been told that the TT being larger(being a 60")and heavier, handles easier, more stable on hills, rides smoother, but maybe someone that has both can confirm this. I have the 48" TTHP but have never used the 60" TT.:confused:

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The Turf Tracer is a Better Built and more of a commercial mower. It uses the drive thats on the Lazer z Hp and has the 200lb clutch as well as the big air cleaner.

You must demo both!!!!! Oh the ultracut handles deeper grass better and will cut faster because of the deeper deck and Hp's.

I hope my new 06 TT 60" comes in soon