Exmark TTHP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sildoc, Dec 30, 2003.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Is 4100.00 a Good price for the exmark 36" TTHP 04? Thanks for your replys.

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Yup. I paid that for my '03

3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I was quoted $4200.00 last week [Boise, Idaho].

4. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Hey there neighbor...

Yes, they are doing you right... I bought last year with mulch kit and proslide.... also ended up with the extras weights on the front as it gets a little light in the front end going up hills with the proslide, but works and stripes great....

Clay

5. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Doesn't sound too bad. I just bought an 03 TTHP 48" 17 Kawi e/s and paid $4900.00-$5000.00, before tax and extras.

6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

yeah i think that the number which you have is fairly close to the one which my dealer is pushing them out the door at.

also, go with the exmark, it is deffinately a name which you can trust.

good luck with your new machine.

7. dobehap

dobehap LawnSite Senior Member

I got mine with mulch kit for $4500 out the door.

8. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Hi Clay,

How are the zero turns with the Pro-slide? I am wondering about divits in shallow rooted shade lawns. Are the Exmark hydraulics smooth. Also how does this machine mulch? My old Viking leaves trails in everything except the thin lawns. Any imformation would be greatly appreciated. Tom

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yeah....that's a good deal, here they are $4400+tax. I bought mine used for $3700 with about 20 hours on it.

10. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Hi Tom,

Well, I could not be happier with the proslide... as it wears the edges get an upturn and when you z-turn you must lean to the inside (repeat must :) which throws the outer edge up so it doesn't dig in.... It is great for stripes, smooth as silk, and gets right out of the way when not using...

I found mulching to work well when the turf is not too long, wet, and lush... but in my conditions the regular high lift blades mulch better than the wavy blades the mulch kit comes with... The wavy blades seem to not have enough lift for my moist conditions... You get a little blowout of the front right when mulching leaves, but does a respectable job... Also have the accelerator bagger which works very well, again in all but the most severe conditions...

I've had a little quirk in the controls since new (80 hours) as they need to be warmed up good or they tend to release slowly forward... after warm they are very smooth and am sure that it is simply that my dealer (new to Exmark) is unfamiliar with how to adjust proplerly... Overall, a very good machine that cuts very well...

Good Luck, Clay

ps.... I put a tiny tach on when new (every mower should come with an hour meter!!! Hello Exmark :)