Exmark Turf Ranger and Marty J

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cblackwe, Mar 5, 2003.

1. cblackwe

cblackwe LawnSite Member

Any LCOs use Turf Ranger or Marty J mowers? In the process of buying a used TR to upgrade my equipment for my second season. Buying it from a friend that is getting out of the business. He has used it successfully for 3-4 seasons. I have operated the unit and it seems very sturdy, maneuverable and well worth its salt. Any other comment?

How about Deines Marty Js? Anyone use them? Have heard good things about them but no LCOs in my area use them. Seeking input for potential purchase.

Chris

Blackwell Lawn Services

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Never heard of the Deines Marty J mower, got any links or pictures?

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

While I don't know of them, I've heard goo of the Marty's. It was from here, so a search should turn something up. As far as the Turf Ranger, this has been an EXcellent machine, and certainly has it's applications. Cyts well, and has that capability of reaching up under stuff you can't do with a Z. I have the Gravely model that is similar to that, but it doesn't cut like the Ranger! I had to do some modifications and now it produces a satisfactory cut. Anyway, excellent machine for it's type.

4. cblackwe

cblackwe LawnSite Member

BHB,
    Website is www.marty-j.com , don't have any photos. Look 'em up. Looks like quality machine, just wondered if anyone uses them for commercial.

Chris

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I have demoed the Dienes, Marty J, mowers. I do not remember which models I tried, but I think one was red and one was blue. At the time they only had a hydrostatic/chain drive system, but the mower was well built, handled well, and had a nice looking cut. Since then, they have come out with a true hydrostatic drive model, although they still make the chain drive models also. My other concern,besides the chain drive, is the size of engines they use. On the 60" or 72" decks, the largest engine offered is only 22hp.:)

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Chris the link does not work for me :confused: