1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Turf Tracer 60in 20hp Kohler ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Jan 1, 2006.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 23 hp Tracer WB already and love it plenty of power. Does anyone have any experience with a 20hp on a 60in Turf Tracer, I'm not sure if it has enough power?
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

That does seem like a low amount of HP for such a big deck. I am not saying extremely low, but I would personally perfer a 23HP for something that big
  3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I have used 61" Wright Standers with the 20HP B&S. I think the comparison would be similar, about the same weight, I think. The stander could have used a little more power, but it did do surprisingly well if the grass wasn't too tall and thick. I would think that the 20HP on the Turf Tracer would be a little weak for the thick stuff and also if you are thinking about mulching.
  4. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

The 18,20, and 22 Koh all the same engine. The 23 Koh has about 50cc more.

I have an 18 on a Toro 52 prolawn, plenty of power. Ed
  5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

20hp will be enough horespower for a walkbehind, it's just all the horsepower freaks that Make 20hp sound low. the old scag 3 wheelers only had 20hp magnums and they were riders.

If your just doing weekly service 20hp is fine, might struggle if you get behind due to rain but what are ya gonna do.