Exmark turf tracer HP hydro pumps leaking

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by oldmacbride, Nov 27, 2007.

1. oldmacbride

oldmacbride LawnSite Member

I have a turf tracer HP with leaking hydro pumps. They are the style with the aluminum body and an aluminum head. My leak is at the dump valves on both pumps. I have had to break them loose several times to move the machine when it has no power (embarrassed to say when it sometimes runs out of gas). I am told that this will cause them to leak. I know that there is a seal behind the valve but I am skeptical that a seal will fix this. Judging by the parts drawing it looks like the valve is a metal to metal fit. The machine pulls hard and tracks straight, no problems with performance, just leaks a lot of $6 a quart oil. Anyone dealt with this? Any input will be appriciated.

Chad

2. mowermankevin

mowermankevin LawnSite Senior Member

I've noticed you haven't gotten any replies to your post, but I've got the same problem on a lot of the Exmarks I work on, just not as severe as what your saying, these are leaking enough to collect alitte dirt after a couple of weeks work so this is what is coming?!? I've got a pump to take apart (in my spare time) so if I can get to it I'll tell you, and if you find out something, let us know. Thanks!!!