exmark turf tracer hp value question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fulano, May 13, 2006.

1. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

Is there a website to determine value of a used mower?
    I was looking at getting a used 600+ hour exmark turf tracer hp with a 48" deck for around $2000. Previous owner, lives near me, said he has performed oil changes at 50hrs, but has done no valve ajdustment and last year the mower would cut off for a few seconds at 4.5-6 on the speed indicator. It has a mulch kit and sulky. I think the mower would let me get some hills which really are not accesible with my JD647 including my own yard. It would also allow me to mulch leaves in the fall because I do not have that capability right now and there are tons of trees here.

Beofre I started to consider another 48" cut mower I was considering getting a 36" fixed deck gear driven wb mower because there may be properties I'd have to mow which have gates, but since most people here have no fences and a smaller 21" or 26" mower would probably be better for smaller areas and parts of hills another mower couldn't reach I think I have decided on one of those instead.

2. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Is it an ECS control or pistol? If ECS, the price is okay but make sure the engine is well-tuned, otherwise you might have to do major tune-up like valve and others expensive.
  3. fulano

It is ecs. But I think that valves are supposed to be adjusted every 300 hrs or so and what had concerned me is that the owner said this hadn't been done.
    The only reason I had that concern is my jd has a19hp kawasaki engine and it recommends the valve adjustment at 300 hrs.
    I'd go and buy a new one, but don't know if it is worth the extra $4K dollars( $5150 for the tthp $150 sulky $200 mulch kit $500 tax). But I would probably get one with 36" deck if I did that.
  4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

48/19 TTHP with ecs for 2 k, It is not even 2 years old, snatch it. eXmark comes out with 19hp for 48" only a year 1/2 ago, regardless, it is still new. Once you get it, change oil to 10-30 Amsoil, 1.8 qt, new plugs, oil, air filter, clean out under deck and adjust your tracking system. May be see throttle cable no loose, I think you in great shape. I will not buy brand new TTHP, crazy price...over 5 k out the door for a wb?
  5. fulano

I should have been more clear my jd has a 19hp, this exmark has the 17hp with pull cord start. It is advertised here on the forum. I didn't want to pass up a decent deal and I really need a mower for hills.
  6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

If you wanna know what the specs are on this mower, look in the equipment for sale forum boys. Saw it earlier today and it looks like a nice piece esp. for the price. Dont worry about the valve adjustment as not having it done will have no ill effects on the engine. If you buy it then you can easily adjust the valves on it.
  7. fulano

I already know the specs. I have an exmark brochure and have priced new ones. The bad thing is when I called Sat the mower was still for sale and this afternoon it is sold. Thanks.
  8. PJDiesel

PJDiesel LawnSite Member

I recently paid $2,800 for a 2004 TT60 (20 HP) with 730 Hours.

I think the price is fair. As stated, the only thing there is to compare it to is others in like condition/hours or.......new:eek: . I wasn't even in the market for new, not happening at those prices!!
  9. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Dealers all have " Blue Books" for used equipment values.