Exmark Turf Tracer HP Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Laclu007, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Laclu007

Laclu007 LawnSite Member

I've gone full circle, and am now considering an Exmark Turf Tracer HP Walk Behind.

Details:
    - 2004 model
    - Zero time (never had gas in it)
    - 19HP Kawasaki (Electric Start)
    - 52" Deck

I considering this for home-owner use, 1.3 acres, river bank (15degree slope), beds, etc.

Is this a good walk behind? Does it do a good job of cutting? How are these machines in terms of scalping?

The dealer is asking $6600CDN, which is approx. $5280USD. Does this seem high?

He has a gently used bagger, and a sit behind Exmark sulkey that I may deal on as well.

Thanks for all feedback.

Brent.

2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i don't think they made a 19 horse motor in 2004(sounds fishy)

i just bought one this spring. it's a nice little machine.

be sure to check out the spring that holds the belt tight for the hydrolic pump. when it is running see if it is wrattling to beat the band.

ask you dealer what he is going to do when the spring breaks.

3. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

My spring broke after a few weeks work. I didn't realize it was a common problem. That was a couple years ago and it hasn't broken since.

4. Laclu007

Laclu007 LawnSite Member

GrassMaster - what did you pay for yours this past spring? Have you had any other problems with it?

5. Laclu007

Laclu007 LawnSite Member

My mistake, I realized I said it had 19HP, but that's new for 2005. This machine has a 17HP Kawasaki engine.

6. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a TTHP 52/19 and have to say it's a superb mowing machine. I find the 19 handy because I make a living at this, but if you're just mowing your own place, 17 should be adequate.

That price strikes me as a bit high for an '04, though. You shouldn't have to may more than $5,000 American if you ask me. Try making an offer and see what they do.

7. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i paid 5099+ tax after some smooth swindeling on my part.

no other problems other than that. only have maybe 20-30 hours on it though.
    i like to ride the kubota!

i have the 48" tthp 2004 model electric start.

i went and bought the 2X velke, which works good

it sure does cut nicely.

8. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a 98 model . Well kept an still runs like a charm!!!rember to do P/M's

9. Laclu007

Laclu007 LawnSite Member

Well, I took the plunge and bought the Turf Tracer HP. I tried it out, and it seems like a really nice piece of equipment.

Final tally:

2004, zero time, Turf Tracer HP, 52" deck, gently used Exmark ride-on sulkey, gently used Exmark bagger.

Price before tax in USD: $4560. (after taxes, $5200)

Thanks for everyone's input, I'll be putting some time on it this Tuesday when it is delivered, and try and post an update.

Brent.

10. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

I thinkl u got a good deal!!! I love my 48 tthp and im sure u will too.