Exmark Turf Tracer HP with ECS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by River Hill, Feb 14, 2001.

1. River Hill

River Hill LawnSite Member

I know a great deal of you have seen the new Exmark Turf Tracer HP with ECS, but has anyone tried it? If so what did you think? I currently have a few Exmarks and thinking of trading in one of mine for a new Turf Tracer HP with ECS and electric start. Thanks in advance for you help. I need to make a decesion soon because I will need to put a little money into my current Turf Tracer or Trade it for the new one.

2. Double D

Double D LawnSite Member

What is the great deal? My local dealer quoted about $4700 for 48" w/17 Kaw. How does your dealer stack up?
    Double D

3. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Trade it in!!! I plan on trading one of my Turf Tracers in on a new ECS. I tried them and I really liked using it. That price is about the same as my dealer said.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I was thinking of getting one for this year myself as my walk behind is getting up there in age. Granted, it's seldomly used, (about 15 minutes a week) I think it would be nice to have something newer like that. I would probably use it a little more, as I would perhaps use it on ditches and stuff that I don't use my walk behind on now.

5. Ground Pounder

Ground Pounder LawnSite Member

I just bought a 52" Turf Tracer hydro with ECS. Paid $4750.

6. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

Does anyone know when these will be available? I have heard this year and I have heard not until next year. What is the scoop? Surely there is an Exmark rep out there that is going to read this! :)

7. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer was getting them in this week sometime. They are available this year. I heard that exmark isn't even going to make the old style walk behinds do to the positive response on their new design.

8. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I know old threads exists of this! There is real value in that old (4wks or so) info! everybody coud share it if you search for it and "bring it back up"!

I was looking at the ECS.
    But in the end, I rarely can justify bells and whistles (maybe one day!).

I went w/ 48" MetroHP (belt dr, floater, 15kaw)
    $3000
    I'm happy.
    Although, I'm seriously considering the "micro-mulch" upgrade

[Edited by Island Lawn on 02-23-2001 at 11:41 AM]

9. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

I am trying like heck to get my hands on a hydro ECS unit to test drive, though I just bought the toro belt, hopefully i will be able to get one next year. They look awesome those who have them or have tried to use them, how do you like them.

10. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

Island wrote;
    I know old threads exists of this! There is real value in that old (4wks or so) info! everybody coud share it if you search for it and "bring it back up"!

Island, what are you saying? I did a search on ECS, this came up, I asked the question? What is your point with the "there is real value in that old (4wks or so) info!"