Exmark Turf Tracer Owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carino Property Services, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Carino Property Services

Carino Property Services LawnSite Member

Hello everyone I just purchased a TTHP 36" walk behind mower off ebay. The mower is in really good condition with a 15HP kawasaki, and mulching kit. My question is when I engage the blades it seems to be real loud, is this normal. The mower was sitting on my driveway. This is my first walk behind and I'm not sure what it should sound like. Thanks Tom
  2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Hey man, just bought a TThp 52" but they are going to be a lot louder than lets say a push mower. I don't know how loud you expected it to be but a bigger mowers are gonna be loud. Check the oil, check the engage tension, check the spindles and pullies. Probably the best thing for you to do is to take it to a Exmark repair shop just to be safe.
  3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Make sure the Belt hasn't slipped of the Rear Guide...Look from the Back Under the Wheels...And Always Engage & Disengage @ Lowest Possible RPM !
  4. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I bought a metro hp not too long ago and i was only using a 21'' before that. When i went to go pick it up.. it was loud as hell.. i asked the guy at the dealer if its suppose to be that loud when he was showing me how to work all the controls.. and he said yes.. So i guess for your question, if your not wearing earmuffs, then yes, its suppose to be loud..
  5. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

you said in the driveway ,try engaging the blades over the lawn ,its not as bad ,but if you never heard one up close before ,it will get your attention real fast
  6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Does the engine make more noise, like it is straining, or is it just the roar of the blades that you are hearing?
  7. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i just bought a tthp myself the thing is fn loud compared to the kubota.

i had a pully spring hitting in one of the pullies which was loud and annoying. i put a hose clamp on it(under it) It seems to have cured the problem
  8. Carino Property Services

Carino Property Services LawnSite Member

No engine is not straining. Can't put it on grass, have 2 feet of snow. Stopped at dealer he also said it would be quieter on grass. I will check all of the things you all have recommended. Oyea dealer also said mulch kit would make it louder.

Thanks to everyone that posted. Tom