1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Turf Tracer WB 60 in for $9,699.A joke?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

He's not bad at all. He really marks his demos down. Could have got a 36 vride 5 hours with full waranty for $4g but backed out cause i heard so many say not that good on hills..
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Senior Member

Keep the prices high!:clapping:

Makes it more difficult for the riff raff and weekend warriors to jump right into the good stuff.:waving:
  3. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

4. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

I think Exmark should raise their prices even higher. WTH, i think 18 or 19K sounds good to me. Gonna go buy 3 tomorrow.
  5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Could open up a good business opporunity for someone to fully recondition them and resell them. My dad made a ton of money doing that with cup soda and coffee machines...rip the whole thing down, repaint, rebuild and good as new for half the price. We had less service calls on the rebuilds than on new machines.
  6. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Considering they bought out Encore, it looks like they'll be taking a bite out of the market.
  7. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

They'll just buy the cheap crap and STILL lowball jobs because they didn't pay a lot for the mower.

Hopefully Toro/Exmark will fold. Then we won't have to listen to YardBoy28. LOL
  8. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

When I get into my 60s Im just gonna buy craftsman or similar riding mowers, 10k for a lawnmower is redicilous.
  9. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

i agree with everyone saying that prices are high on all machines, but you have to look at it as an investment. if you're running it 5+ days a week all season, you're going to make money. mowers will last years and thousands of hours if they are properly maintained. if you can't afford the top dollar mowers, then you don't have enough properties, it's that simple. i look at anything i purchase that is expensive and I make sure that i will be able to utilize it to its full potential and have it make me money. just my .02
  10. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

yes, very true. but why spend 10k for a mower when you can get one that will do the same thing for 6-7k

that's my point between exmark, toro, scag, walker, etc.

in my neck of the woods the price of the exmarks and toros is cheaper than the scags and walker. and I personally don't feel the scags and walkers are any better than the toros and exmarks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.