Exmark Turf Tracer WB 60 in for $9,699.A joke?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I can do better than that cuz I got no overhead! :laugh:

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I guess Worldlawn may get bigger.

3. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

These high retail prices are also what is killing the used market. People want 4k for their 10 year old walk behind with 1500 hours. Its a frickin joke

4. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know why there is such a price increase? Does anything about this machine justify the price?

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

The full Turf Tracers are kind of a super deluxe walk behind.

6. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

A new snapper 48" hydro walk behind is mid 4k. A new deere/wright stander 52" is 7500.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I went to price a full sized 52" turf tracer last fall, with a stand on and tax it was more than the vantage, and that was more than the V-ride from scag. I now have a new V-ride after being a diehard exmark guy, they lost me to being overpriced.

8. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

The larger vantages, turf tracers, etc have efi engines which adds nearly $1000 to the list price. But, even at that, they are still expensive. Toro is in this to make money and more money this year than last as are all of the manufacturers. Those who are cheaper are trying to buy market share based on price. Once they accomplish that their prices will rise as well. In the automotive world Hyundai has used this same marketing strategy.

9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I went to the dealership last year to look at an Optima for my wife, while walking around I had to check out the Genesis, it was close to $50k.

10. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

We rented an Optima last week while in Nebraska visiting my parents. Nice enough car, handled well, got about 32 mpg in 30 degree weather. Rear visibility is not so good. Used to be in love with the Genesis but decided they are too big for us plus I wanted better mileage so we ended up getting a used Camry hybrid.

Hope you are well. We need to get together for coffee or lunch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.