Exmark Turf Tracer WB 60 in for $9,699.A joke?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

Bought a Snapper Pro 60" with a suspension seat with tax out the door for less than $7000. Works great and Id put the ICD deck up to any other. Great piece of machinery. No more exmark for me!

2. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont quite buy that. Its not the dealers, its not the distributors, its exmark themselves. They name the price. Now the price may fluxuate in different areas because quite frankly nobody is going to buy a 15000 dollar machine in downtown detroit. The money is just not there, however in high end areas they can get away with charging that. Overall though its a price increase, taxes are higher these days, employees pay is higher, health insurance premiums are higher, ex ex. Alot of people wanted this to happen and insured it when voting for obama. People need to realize costs have gone up across the board, look at your local grocery store, car dealer, and department store....

3. ddixon7

ddixon7 LawnSite Senior Member

My 36" WB is 20 years old and probably should be replaced. Was thinking about an Exmark, but now think I will get another Encore. I can probably get an Encore 36" Hydro for $3500. Only use on about 25 small back yards a week. I am not going to fork over $6000 for a 36"... It is hard to fathom 10k for a Turf Tracer.. I just bought another 60" last year for $6800. They are very nice, and I would say the best walk behinds, but the difference between them and Ferris is not THAT much!

4. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

you must not have checked out muttonpower.com.

that should tell one major thing, that prices for equipment are clearly different in different parts of the country. I can't remember where the OP is from but I'm in IN and I know he isn't.

when I was digging up that link for the 60" tt I did come across the exmark 36" metro and it was like $3200. but that was I believe the gear driven model. didn't see the hydro models.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Even that is a crazy price. The price of Metros has risen by 50% in a decade? That's some severe inflation. The amount of money we make on each customer hasn't risen anywhere near 50% in a decade. The price of fuel is up 100+% in the last decade.

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Yet some people still claim they have "no overhead."

7. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

yes it was, 48in sw30 with a grass gobbler

8. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

The prices are pretty much if not cheaper than a decade ago. people that don't understand how to calculate the cost of business is really hurting prices. A lot of lawns should be $100 if you figure inflation according to gas and equipment costs. Even trucks are high. 30k for a basic 3/4 or 1 ton truck is crazy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

just checked with my dealer, he lists the 60" Turf Tracer at 8100.00.

10. HPI_Savage25

HPI_Savage25 LawnSite Member

I just called two different dealers to get prices on a lazer z s series 48" and the prices were different by $1000 and only 10mins away from each other
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.