1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Turf Tracer, Your Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Signature Landscaping1, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I am thinking about adding another w/b this summer. I have a 48 lesco belt, but i want to add a hydro also. The model i am considering is the 48'', 17 or 19 hp kawi's, Ecs controls. Im curious to hear your thoughts on the mower.
  2. Signature Landscaping1

from Mass

3. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

i own 2 of them both hydro both have the ECS one is a 36" with 15hp kawi the other is a 52" with 23hp kohler i love them both and are both great machines. they both have the ultra cut deck on them. i havent had any complaints or problems. i would recomend them to anyone and would definatly buy another one myself if/when the day comes that i need one.
  4. PJDiesel

PJDiesel LawnSite Member

I like mine. (TT-60 w/ ESC) I had some carb issues in when I bought it (used) but that can be expected when you buy something without knowing the history of it. I have the Kohler Command 20, probably could used a 23, but it gets me around just fine, no complaints on power or cut.

Overall, it is the best mower I have owned as of yet.
    The new Hustlers look cool, the controls seem easier than mine. Not sure about the $,$$$ though?
  5. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

It is the last product that eXmark has not mechanically & laboratorily messed up. Get 48" or 52" with 19 kawi, add sulky and you be set. It is eXmark best selling wb that they still have positive presence in market, big difference from their new rider products.
    If you love eXmark, go for it, but I 'd look for Gravely hydro walk with Z control or prosteer on it.
  6. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have both 17hp & 19hp tthp. Love em both, 19hp is good for heavy spring growth. Can't go wrong. Mine are 48'' decks.
  7. Signature Landscaping1

from Mass

I think i would go with the 52'', since i already have a 48''. Keep the feedback coming, i like to hear everyones opinons on this machine.
  8. MDLawnman

MDLawnman LawnSite Member

The TTHP's are very durable machines. My 48" with a 15HP Kaw produces a very even clean cut with beautiful stripes. I have several customers who prefer that I use that machine over my Lazer HP.

If there is a down side, my wrists get tired using a walk behind on a large area with alot of turning, such as a cemetery. The ECS handles help a lot over the pistol grips but they do not eliminate the problem.

If my TTHP ever gives up the ghost - I'd buy another one.
  9. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I bought my TTHP last week, 19hp Kawi, 48" deck. I absolutely love it. Bought Exmark's sulky along with it. I've got about 6 hours on it now. Cuts great and there's no lack of power, I originally bought the 19 because I wanted the electric start, but I'm glad I got the biggest engine. I cut some taller grass two days ago, and it blew right through it like nothing, no blowout, no windrowing, and the motor did not bog at all, even pulling me.

Only thing I've had to do so far was adjust one of the drive lever linkages, because whoever assembled it did not tighten the jam nut and it came loose.
  10. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

go with the 60" i wish i had on mine. if you get the 52" or any sized deck at the there is always a 1.5-2 +/-inch overlap so your really only cutting 50". like i said i wish i had gotten the 60" even still thought about buying a new deck for it and then buying a lazer w/o a deck and putting the 52" on it. i love my TT though the think is a mad machine.