1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Ultracut deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tonyr, May 23, 2005.

1. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

The Exmark Ultracut deck, how does it perform in rough areas mowing, e.g how well does it cut stalky, long, weedy grasses?

My toro needs 2 passes generally if stalks have gone to seed, keen to know if the Ultracut deck has probs or not....not talking lawns, I'm talking paddocks...stalks 1ft to 3ft....

love some feedback from those in the know....btw, this is on the new model diesel.
  2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I Don't Have a Turbo Force but it Looks Like an Ultra Cut w/adjustable Baffles So it Should Perform the Same w/Turbo Force Baffling Down
  3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

the ultra cut are just about the same as the turbo force.
  4. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys.

The Ultracut is more baffled than turbo force, which makes all the difference, where good or bad I dunno, ultra cut has a smaller discharge too...compared to turbo force.

I'm thinking the more baffled Exmrk deck may suck the stringers up better for a cleaner cut....or it could just clog up more with too much material and do less well compared to turbo force which has the right side baffle straight and adjustable, while ultracut is more 'webbed'.

turbo force should be the best....but new doesn't always mean better, so appreciate everyone's comments.

We only get the diesel here, if this deck is a performer in rough areas, paddocks etc than I'll buy one, if as good as or better than turbo force.
  5. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

I dont think leaving stringers in 1 to 3ft tall fields is a problem. They are mowers not bushhogs. Yes I have used my ultracut deck as a bushhog though and it does leave stringers in stuff that is that tall.
  6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Why would you put a nice new Ultra Cut in heavy brush?
  7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Because Aussie cutting isn't the same as in Pa.