Exmark ultravac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnman_scott, Mar 13, 2004.

1. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have a few questions about this thing. Does the vacuum part vacuum leaves to the right of the deck where it is mounted, or does it help to suck the leaves up the chute and into the bagger? If you have a lawn that takes 30 minutes to mow, how long will it take if you are bagging the leaves? Can you go as fast as normal and get them all if its just normal leaf amounts, and not 3 years of wet matted down leaves? How much does it cost for a 04 52 inch lazer? And how long does it take to put on and remove so my other customers dont see it? And to do the lawn that would take 30 min mowing, when your bagging it how long before the bagger will be full? Will it last the whole lawn, empty once, twice? I am talking about the 3 bag one. and is there a difference between the 2 and 3 bag style? are the bags the same size or is the one with 2 equipped with bigger bags?

2. lawnman_scott

anyone have one?

3. terracare

terracare LawnSite Senior Member

You have alot of questions I see I will list the answers in the order you give them, first to last.

1. I'm a little cunfused, the vacuum simply spins and blows the debris into the bags while the deck blades feed the vacuum
    2. depends on the amount of leaves and type. Generaly we mulch them up then bag 'em. est. 1 hour to do it.
    3. You can go a decent speed but you may leave a small trail of leaves that you will need to pick up with a second pass.
    4. don't know for sure but have to say around $8500 with the bagger.
    5. With good practice it will take about 30 seconds to take of the blower and tube, 1.5 min to remove everything bag housing and all.
    6. All dependent on how long it is, sometimes it could last the entier lawn or sometimes you could fill it up 5 times, all depends on amount!
    7. zero diffrence between the two except on has an extra bag. we own both types and interchange the bags between the two constantly.

hope I answered you questions

4. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

I agree 100% with Terracare I have the 3 bagger it is a worthy investment the biggest plus is the fall clean ups you will be able to do more and and have a nice neat lawn when finshed. On mounting and dismounting the vac I left out the pins that hold the largest piece on to take it off I simply lift and put it on the trailer I also dont run the the caster weights or the cover weights because some of my lawns are very soft and the extra weight causes ruts however a down side to no frount weights is when the bags are heavy the mower will do a wheely if you go up a steep hill.

5. lawnman_scott

thanks. i have the mower, any idea what the vac alone costs

6. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

I bought my Ultra Vac 4 years ago I think I paid around 1800 for it.

7. ManleyLawn

ManleyLawn LawnSite Member

i have the QDS ultra vac on my 60" its nice i think it was right around $2000.00 it makes leaf clean ups go by a lot quicker IMO:)

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Which 52" mower decides for you which bagger, 2 or 3.

The vac is a great unit. I've had mine since 2000. Its been through several spring and fall cleanups. Only changed the belt one time. The anti-blowout baffle is a must with the vac.

You questions have so many variables that its real hard to answer due to every situation is different. For the most part if it is just light weekly leaves it will not change your speed much. It will pretty much get everything with 1 pass.

The 2 bagger a person can take off and on(hopper) by yourself. It only takes about a minute. The 3 bagger is much heavier and cumbersome so it will take 2 people. The vac unit on the side of the deck will take about 20 seconds to take off.

9. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

65 Hoss I also have the Ultra Vac 3 bagger I am curious about the Anti-blowout baffle, what is it? I dont know if I have one. On removing the 3 bagger once you get the hang of it one person can do it with easy I never have help and use the bagger every day...

10. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

i have the ultra vac on my lazer z hp and its nice but it dosent suck worht crap and it always clogs if you guys want a great bagging system you are gonna have to go with a scag, it far surpases the exmark it will suck dirt out of the cracks where the exmark will leave dry leaves on the lawn