exmark vantage 36"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ffemt1271, Jan 13, 2011.

1. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

does anyone have the 36" vantage and what is your review of it compared to a walk behind?

2. cvcook

cvcook LawnSite Member

I'm gonna demo one tomarrow.....too bad the grass is dormant, but I've got to see how it handles because 0% financing is over at the end of Jan!:laugh:

3. ffemt1271

gonna be replacing a 36" wb soon, and trying to figure out it this is a good alternative.

4. Bogielski

Bogielski LawnSite Member

To bad i bought a Turf Tracer HP 36'' about 5 months ago. When they came out with the Vantage, i told my dealer i wish they would make a smaller size ... which i why i bought the wb ... should have waited, also would have been cheaper.

5. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

A search will bring up some of the problems people have had with this mower, I demoed one and wanted badly to like it, but it just didn't find my accounts.
    If you got a lot of flat terrain, this might be a GREAT mower.
    There is a lot to like about the Vantage, I just could not get comfortable with it on hills.

6. ffemt1271

all the lawns i would use it on are flat, what are some prices yall have gotten on the 36" vantage?

7. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

They weigh more than a regular WB. I would be concerned with rutting.

8. cvcook

cvcook LawnSite Member

are you saying that the Vantage cost less than the TT?

9. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

36" Vantage: 790lbs...before one stands on it.

10. Bogielski

Bogielski LawnSite Member

With the $500.00 off rebate going until the middle of the summer, yes. I can get a 36'' Vantage for approx $6,750.00.

My TTHP costs $7,350.00 - Hydro drive. Remember I had to buy the exmark stand-on as well - $500.00 upgrade.