eXmark Vantage is HERE!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fiveoboy01, Apr 13, 2010.

1. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Subscribing to this! Can't wait to see some pics!

2. tjlco

tjlco LawnSite Senior Member

Guess I'll have to take some pics, my mulch kit won't be in till monday, but I'm to damn impatient to wait, so tomorrow I'm lettin it flyyyyyyyyy
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I am going to be demoing a 52" 24hp tomorrow. Several of you have stated you wished it came with the ECS. I am glad it doesn't. I've hit large rocks, etc. with my turf tracer and have been thrown off the sulky and the mower kept going. At least with ztr type controls it will go to neutral.

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

That makes no sense. If its in gear and you get tossed off, the opc levers pop open and the machine shuts off... Unless you have them bypassed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Ok, here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course, I added my usual flap striper:

[​IMG]

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Now i want one real bad!!!!

7. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

With the ECS system there is a speed control. If that is set to a high speed the mower continues to move forward until the engine shuts off. That could easily be 10 to 15 feet.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That's a very nice looking mower! I see what you mean about the controls. That is an awful placement for them. I would imagine it does cut grass great on Wisconsin grass. Isn't the factory up there someplace. They probably do a lot of testing on that grass. The UntraCut deck has a good reputation.

I really would like to try one out but my hip just won't allow me to stand that long. I'm good for about 15 minutes and then it starts to hurt. At about 1/2 hour I have to sit down.

9. Johnagain

Johnagain LawnSite Senior Member

That thing looks like a fire hazard with all the shields to trap grass clippings around the exhaust and motor.

10. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

I like the concept. I wonder why the hill traction is so bad compared to a normal walk behind. I think it might be the weight distribution is more to the front of the machine to allow for rider to stand on the back without pulling the front end up.