eXmark Vantage is HERE!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fiveoboy01, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

I'm wondering why you guys have hard-ons for this thing? It's not really a walkbehind or a stander so what is it. It's allready been stated that it won't replace a walkbehind and it doesn't look like it will perform like a traditional. Ride-on, sooo what's it good for? It seems as if it's just a big compromise that doesn't really meet the true needs of either.
    The way i see it is why would ypu want to walk behind it? Oh wait I figured it out it stinks on hills. Your not going to be walking behind it on flat ground are you? I know you don't want this to turn into a pissing match but I just can't control myself sometimes. Don't believe the hype that your dealer is telling you, they don't know how well it works but they do k ow how much cashola they put into their pocket when they sell you this concoction of crap.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  2. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Its an exmark and they have done a good job of making a brand name. People get cought up in a name not the performace of the machine. Not saying its a bad mower, I have not had a chance to put more then 20 mintues on one. But as a company they have done good to keep guys on red mowers and keep them from looking at other brands that might be better.

3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't exactly call it crap. I think the stander has a niche on residential stuff. A couple advantages over a walk-behind:

Faster ground speed.
    Easier on my back and knees, as a sulky transmits every bump to my body.
    No ugly stripe down the center from the sulky.

I think once I get used to the controls I will be faster than with the walk behind, it's just going to take some time.

One other nitpick about this thing, the chute doesn't stay open. I have to use a bungee otherwise any little bump it flops down.

I'm leaving to mow, got a LOT of residentials today on mostly flat properties, so I will be able to give it a better workout.

4. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

Quote from the dealer "we are dropping wright because Exmark doesn't want us to sell them seems how Exmark now has a mower you can stand-on".
    Is that how they keep you on a red machine?

5. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Haha, that sounds about right! Give them no other options and they will buy from you. Just to clearify, I am not an exmark dealer. Nor am I a fan of the way they operate as a company. They give special shipping breaks and price breaks for "exclusive" exmark dealers. I belive thoes should go strictly off of the #'s you sell not if you carry any other brands. Thats what dixie chopper tried to do to us a few years back. It hurt thier brand name overall. Its hard to have a dealership with only one option for a customer. Not everone wants apples all the time, sometimes they want an orange.

6. fiveoboy01

Sigh.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Keep us updated. I have been thinking of buying a Vantage.

8. 1st class grass

1st class grass LawnSite Member
    from wyoming

That mower sure looks nice....However if I was gonna by a stand on type mower it would be the wright...You very rarly hear anything bad about them and they have been building them forever...Just my oppionion...

9. fiveoboy01

I've done 6-8 lawns with this mower alone today. My opinion of the machine is improving. I'm starting to get the hang of the controls and my flap is striping great as always:)
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Now if it would hold on the hills as good as the Turf tracer Hp; that would be awesome.:usflag: