1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Vantage Stander with ECS Controls!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Feb 7, 2013.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

This is an interesting move by Exmark. I find it very intriguing and would love to give it a try. Just like a walkbehind the only time you would need to use the controls would be during turns and reverse. I think this would be better than always using the controls and letting go to turn. I hope it takes little to no effort to squeeze... What do you guys think?

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I'd like to give one of them a try when the season gets going here. They look a lot more interesting to me than the syd type controls on most standers.
  3. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

I like my walkbehind controls better than the pistols but would want the z controls for the Vantage...
  4. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

Should make it better on hills, I'm looking forward to trying one!
  5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I demoed one of their mules. My preference is the z controls on the VAntage.
  6. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I dont like the ECS on the walkbehinds and they couldnt be used for more than an hour for me without my hands going numb. I can go 8 hours on the Z without any hand problems, Id rather have a ZTR style controls in my situation.
  7. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

the ECS controls are nice for walkbehinds. but I think I'll take the ztr controls for my toro grandstand/exmark vantage.
  8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i agree, but who knows, maybe there are many out there that really like the controls and such, and this is their ticket into stand ons.
  9. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

That's a good point grass man
  10. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed the first version and it was good--very good, but this switch will put it into the realm of excellence.

If your hands are sore from ECS you aren't using it correctly. We have four walkbehinds with ECS and everyone loves them and hand soreness has gone away compared to the pistols