Exmark Viking electrical problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by EverestLandscape, Feb 13, 2013.

1. EverestLandscape

EverestLandscape LawnSite Member

Hey guys. I have a 2007 Viking with an electrical issue. The safety on the handles have to be depressed in order for the motor to start even with the parking brake on and blades disengaged. Then if you have the hydros in drive and let go of the machine, she'll keep going until you put it in neutral and it shuts down even with the blades off. I've checked all the switches and stuff I'm just going insane at this point. I have a turf tracer set up the same way and everything look good. Does the module under the tank go bad? I don't know please help!! Thank you in advance
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

3. EverestLandscape

Not to come off as an a$$ but did I miss something or why did I have to look at that post? Thanks for your input. It's $50 so ill just replace it and I'd it's not then that's just new.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ricky86

ricky86 LawnSite Bronze Member

Before you replace it, unplug it and check the jacks. I had an electric start
    with the same symptoms (opc's had to be pushed). That turned out to be some creative
    wiring repairs by the unit's owner. From the description, it could very well be the module
    (as long as no body's been screwing with the wiring). It's reading a signal that should not be
    there.
    What RR is telling you, NOBODY has a clue what you own.

5. EverestLandscape

Thanks for the input you guys. I think I got it. One of the switches where it mounts to the mower broke so I went and got a new one but the dealer gave me a NC (normally closed) switched instead of a normally open switch. So I think that's my issue. Tomorrow I'm going to get the right one and see what happens. Thanks a lot guys.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Ricky is right in a round-a-bout way, There's a large knowledge base here but no one person knows eveything. With unit or engine model and serial numbers posted, One can look up the equipment/engine in question and get a better idea of where the issue may be...... It helps us help you......

Good you found the wrong switch, That could have cost you extra money and more aggravation.

7. EverestLandscape

I understand now. Thanks to all.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Exmark PR

Exmark PR Sponsor

We would like to assist you with your issue. With safety being of utmost importance, please call our tech support department (402-223-6375) with your serial number so we can insure we resolve your concern.