1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark vs Bob-cat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gatewayuser, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Which is rider is better at stripes, cutting taller grass, cheaper, and which last the longest, exmark or bob-cat. Also about what does a 48" with a 19-23hp cost, both brands.
  2. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I am not sure on cut between the two, but they are built very similar! As far as price I know the bobcat predator 61 with a 33hp generac is selling for about $7995.
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't know they had a 33hp Generac powered unit also.
    I hadn't heard of the predator.
  4. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

The predator is new. It is suppose to run 14mph. I have seen is but not got a chance to run it yet!
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Well, they both have a loyal following..... with that said, on to your question.

• I read a lot about how great Bob-Cat stripes, but I never see any pictures posted, nor do I see the results locally.

I read a lot about how well Bob-Cat cuts, but again I never see any pictures to back it up.

Bob-Cat is usually the cheaper of the two.

I would say both will last pretty close to the same amount of time.

The 21hp 48" eXmark goes for around $6,299 +/-

The 19hp 48" Bob-Cat goes for around $5,000 +/-
  6. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the Bob-Cat!!! Bob-Cat's stripe and cut are far superior to pos exmark, and all other brands anyday!!!! Bob-Cat mowers are built like tanks!!! Get a Bob-Cat and you will not be dissappointed!!! A Bob-Cat will definitely last longer than an exmark!!!
  7. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

8. Envy Lawn Service

I read a lot of this, and I'm certainly not suggesting it's false, it's just that people type stuff like this and NEVER offer up any proof or examples.
  9. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

hehehe. That MKWL is a funny bastard with his Bob-Cat, huh?

Yes Envy, they do cut and stripe well. I have a 60" w/b that I have mothballed and replaced with a stander. I'm still holding on to it to see what I have for a workload next year. Let me see if I can find a pic.....

ok, here is one. Not real good, though. Obviously, the 60" mower is far to large for this lawn (mine) and I would end up overlapping and ruining the stripes closest to the house. 36" stripes would look nice here.

10. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I'm not a real big fan of Exmark equipment because I just think that all of it is overpriced. I'm not real sure of the price on the Bob-Cat's around here but I think its around $5500 for a 19 hp. A Bob-Cat is built just as good as an Exmark and is a lot cheaper and they are built good with a great cut. I would definately get the Bob-Cat before i'd get an Exmark.