exmark vs. dixie chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lee's lawn service, Apr 11, 2008.

1. lee's lawn service

lee's lawn service LawnSite Member

can i get feed back im about to buy a new mower 60 " cut i now have a scag im looking at the exmark and dixie choper i also looked at the hustler but i dont know looks like the exmark has a better deck what do you guys think?????
  2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Lazer AS with the UltraCut deck hands down IMO.

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Ultra deck is good but so is the Excalubur deck on the Dixie Chopper!
  4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I know what I like but the grass there is probably similar to grass in Florida where the Hustler does well. The Exmark is a sure bet. I'm not familiar enough with the Dixie to give an honest opinion. A demo will tell you a lot more than we can.
  5. rblantonjr

rblantonjr LawnSite Member

I have a Dixie Chopper XG2703-60. The mower does an awesome job. The cut quality is good and the machine is well built. They have a very good warranty and excellent financing at this time, 0% for 36 months.
  6. ajagnea

ajagnea LawnSite Member

I also have the dixie 2703 and I can say in our area "I live in Lake Charles also" you will have great dealer support for both machines no matter your preference. I have cut with both and they both have pro's and con's,like I said dealers are great for both brands so you can't go wrong. Have not had any experience on the hustler so I can't say but I see alot of them around.
  7. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

eXmark Lazer Z 27 Kohler 60' UltraCut hands down.
  8. lee's lawn service

lee's lawn service LawnSite Member

cool thanks for the help the sales man at the exmark is trying to get me to get the 28 kohler fuel injection i was looking at the 28 kawasaki with the ultra cut deck

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I cannot say the ultradeck beats the excalubur deck but I do like the efi option! Dixie made a mistake dropping that from there lineup!

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

After owning many Dixies over the years I switched to the Exmark Laser
    60 ultracut with the 28 Kawi.(have 4 of them so far). Absolutely hands down the best of the two.
    I have been thru the EFI's and will stay with the carbs. In my oppinion it is just not worth the extra money.