Exmark vs Dixie Chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by edger, Jul 7, 2003.

1. edger

edger LawnSite Member
    from NC

Which of the two are better mowers? Which one will do a better job on high end home and commercials?

I am a new one to the Green industry. These two mowers i have read more about then any others out there. So maybe with the topic as it is i will get more feed back on these two then the one i want.
  2. edger

edger LawnSite Member
    from NC

So this thread had been started less then 15mins and 9 people have look but none have responded. What gives?

Even if you like another mower please by all means chime in. Like i said above i don't care for the exmark.

I go tomorrow to test a dixie.

Tested the Howard Price. A+ mower

Just want to make the right decision on my first ZTR mower!!

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Man, have you ever opened up a can of worms. Strongly suggest you use the Search Function to get answers to your questions. BTW, a mower will perform the same on a 100k home as well as a 10M home.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Oh man...now you're really in for it.:D
  5. 46,544 threads in total | 428,162 posts in total

Out of how many of those do you think the same question has been asked? This one is like beating a dead horse.

In my opinion the turf boss tires can do a whole lot more damage than the Exmark tires. But you can get them for a DC.

Either way an Exmark Lazer would be a good first ZTR mower for you. It has all the safety fetures to keep you from hurting yourself.
  6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Why don't you care for the Exmark Lazer?

The Lazer is the better of the two machines.

Actual results may vary.

Do not try this at home.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You deserve a Dixie, Please Get one, The expensive One!
  8. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Try the one with 2 motors on it. I'd like to here about it.
  9. edger

edger LawnSite Member
    from NC

Thank you rob for pointing me in the right direstion on this topic. this one and this one

Not put any more up. Thanks again rob.

Some of you need to lighten up some to. This is an open fourm for people like myself ( and you )that are just starting out. If we post the wrong thing then just say so. Like rob did. It wasn't to hard to tell me that was it? I don't think so. Others would rather flame someone new to the area then welcome them!

I didn't care for the xmark due to how top heavy it rode. Maybe it was just the location. Don't know. Might try them on a different location.

Once again sorry to bring up something sooo touchy.
  10. No some answered this question.........

Give it some time, more than 15 minutes. Some people work till dark, not 5pm.