Exmark vs. Ferris

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by E.L.I.T.E.LawnCare, May 26, 2005.

1. E.L.I.T.E.LawnCare

E.L.I.T.E.LawnCare LawnSite Member

When we first started 4yrs. ago we purchased a 44" Toro and a 48" exmark metro, thought these mowers was the best machines ever made that all changed last month, when i purchased a 52" Ferris ZTR this machine speaks for itself 1.Price (exmark 52" 19hp eng. $7076, Ferris 52" 23 hp eng. $5600), 2.this thing stripes and cuts way better than exmark without the mulching blades.

Purchasing 61" is 3000 today (Ferris ZTR with four wheel independent suspension), nothing compares to this machine. 25hp air cooled for $8500. 0hrs. straight out the box.

2. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I went from Ferris to Exmark and I'm rethinking my game plan. I might switch back to Ferris...

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I am not knocking eXmark, but I have never considered anything other than Ferris for 11 straight years running now. I guess we have had about 20 Ferris machines or so by now. Extremely reliable and easy to use IMO...

4. stryper

stryper LawnSite Member
    from IL

Why is that?

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

So far Ferris is the best machines that we have ever used. Nothing can compare to the ride that the IS3000 delivers except the IS4500. I feel so much better at the end of the day after getting off of the Ferris than I did with our other mowers and we're mowing everything quicker too.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I sorta wish I would have snatched an IS3000 61" when they first became available in my area. $8,199 or $8,399 something like that. Now they are way up in the 9's which to me is just too much to put in any GAS powered mower, suspension or not.

7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Envy, If they are in the 9K+ range in NC I don't think I want to know what they are here in NJ.

Last year I was at my dealer and looked at a Lazer Z HP with the 52" deck with the 23 HP Kawi and ultrvac and I was told $9,500.00

In my future I do see my self getting to a point of needing a rider so I have a question what size Ferris would compare to the eXmark Lazer Z HP?

Thanks
    Rob

8. Envy Lawn Service

Rob,

Honestly they are probbly cheaper there. More market consumption and price competition. As for your question.... The 23/52" IS1000Z or 1000Z is comparable to the 52" Lazer Z HP.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I paid $7900 each for my 2 Ferris 3000IS Z's back in April...they are 2004 leftovers btw with 27 hp Kohlers.

10. Envy Lawn Service

See there.... now that's a deal.

My dealer is just over priced I'm afraid.
    The eXmark dealer was really no better, not by much anyways.