Exmark vs Ferris

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by llama, Sep 22, 2003.

1. llama

llama LawnSite Member

What do you guys think? I need another mower (tax write-off) and I have narrowed it down to these two. I currently own Scags (ZTRs) but I am not satisfied enough to buy another Scag.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

You're kind of vague...WB or Z, what size deck, are you including a collection system, new or used, etc., etc., etc.

3. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Demo them for yourself. See if the dealer can let you use one for a week, or at least a few days. If you like them both, buy the one with the better dealer.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

?
    John

5. llama

llama LawnSite Member

I am looking at the new ZTRs with a 60-61" Deck. I would like to include a collection system. I have heard great things about the Exmark but the idea of the Independent Suspension on the Ferris sounds nice. The Ferris is new in my area so there isn't much feedback available locally. We do mainly residential yards with a few smaller (up to 2 acres) commercial accounts. We have approximately 55 total accounts at this time.

6. llama

llama LawnSite Member

Can you run a trac vac on the Ferris 3000 model?

7. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

They have the fast vac turbo collector and the EZ dump, I think they have some real good offer in financing.

I would recommend ferris to anyone, the ride is pretty smooth, tought I keep hearing pretty good things about exmark, but my dealer is pretty good with me, that's my main reason to keep buying ferris, some people says the cut quality ain't good, I think it is, my stripes might not look like John Gamba or Eric Elm but it does the job decently.

lawn3.jpg

8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Looks good Aztlan.

9. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

You dont buy equipment soley for the purpose of writing it off...

You buy equipment to develop and expand your business...

If you want a write off try a IRA or maybe a childs education fund,,

But if was me and equipment was a necessity I would take a lazer Z 27 hp 60 " hands down,,,, Have demoed both Exmark is almost as good as it gets