Exmark vs Great Dane

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by punisher1, May 1, 2003.

1. punisher1

punisher1 LawnSite Member
    from NC

I am trying to decide between a Great Dane Chariot 19hp 48" cut verus an Exmark Lazer HP 21 hp 48"cut. The area I will be mowing is about 2 acres with a couple of decent size banks,. I notice that the Chariot has more rollers on the deck, will that make a big difference. Also will I see a difference between the 19 and 21 hp Kawasaki.

Thanks for any advice.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Punisher1,

Thanks for the post.

You will see a difference in performance between the 19 and the 21 in many cases. It really depends on the cutting conditions but in taller, thicker, lusher conditions the 21 would have an advantage.

I would strongly recommend that you demo the two machines in the grass. That's where you should really see the Exmark advantage. Whether side discharging, bagging or mulching we generally get pretty good comments regarding the appearance of the lawn when finished cutting.

Thanks

Terry

3. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I would also recommend that you demo. I had a Chariot 61" 25HP for 4 years and last year replaced it with a Lazer EPS 60". No comparison, eXmark wins hands down. I know these are not the exact models you are questioning and the Great Dane that I had was a 98 model but for me there was no competition. The eXmark is much smoother to operate and has better cut quality. I know have about 225 hours with no complaints. Hope this helps you.