Exmark vs. Hustler

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by CatholicLawnie, Nov 17, 2006.

1. CatholicLawnie

CatholicLawnie LawnSite Member

Why did you guys choose Exmark over Hustler? I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything, I was just wondering. I'm torn between these two and I wanted some professional advice!

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Demo Demo Demo

551-499------------------------.jpg

3. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed a 60" hustler super z and the cut wasn't near as nice as my 60" lazer. It was fast, but what good is that if the finished job looks crappy.

4. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Then don't drive so fast, use the speed for transport.

Don't you work according to the conditions ??

No matter what brands top speed, deck depth, or blade tip speed, sometimes common sense works best.

5. John Gamba

from ct

Typical hustler

6. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

I demo'ed the Phazer and the Hustler Mini Fastrack and found the Hustler was the clear choice over the Phazer hands down. Things I considered during the demo were speed, cut, accressories, ease of operation, price, dealer (the Exmark dealer I went to were a bunch of hilljacks that only wanted to deal with commercial customers) etc. Sorry to burst your bubble Exmark, but Hustler wins this one in my book......

7. John Gamba

from ct

There are somethings i like on the hustler. i wish you could just order the mowers you want.

8. stumpslawncare

stumpslawncare LawnSite Member

I had a friend who is also in the lawn business who was running exmark, they are great mowing mowers. I never tried the hustler out but have to say I bought an exmark walk behind and it mowed great right out of the box. It has a professional cut and does a great job stripping even without a stripping kit. Also very dependable mowers.

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

A Hustler SuperZ and an eXmark Lazer are two ZTR's that couldn't be more different.

I owned both.

Both are built and designed very well. They are both at the top of their class.

The XR-7 deck needs some tweaking to cut northern grasses above 3.5" HOC. If your cutting at 3-3.25" its just fine, and WILL cut at full speed in many conditions.

The Triton deck is what caused me to switch from eXmark. I just couldn't get it to cut well on several day long demo's on several different size decks. Now that they updated it, I will have to try it. That and slow speed is what caused me to leave eXmark.

That being said, you have narrowed it down to 2 of the best ZTR's out there. I would let dealer service determine your final decision. You won't go wrong with either.

10. John Gamba

from ct

This is how the ultracut deck would cut. It would be a pain in dry conditions to.

I hope the new Triton will cut good at any hight.