1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark vs Scag, Vs Hustler Vs Snapper Vs Gravely

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SIRCAESAR, Jan 16, 2004.

SIRCAESAR LawnSite Member

ok guys hands down which one of these has the best machines?
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You have this almost same thread still going just a few down.

There are people that will insist that each one is the best hands down. You need to go demo(not just look) at each mower you are interested in. The only perfect mower is the one that you like the best.
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Well if you didnt get it that time!

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

How in the world can you put Snapper in with the likes of the others I would like to know???

SIRCAESAR LawnSite Member

rodfather,their are actually quite a few people on the boards who use snappers, try taking a look at the post, and look at everyone's equipment, those who post that info that is..I actually have a regular 21" inch hi-vac snapper that i use.. I know its only a residential mower but I have not had any problems with it..Snapper is not a lawnmower to be underestimated rodfather.. but of course when you compare it against Exmark, Scag and the others, your talking about a different dog..In any event, I am begginning to see that you guys all have your particular preference.. I will just have to take 65hoss advice and demo all of them..their is a local dealer that carries most of them
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Not to rain on anyone's parade, I haven't seen a whole lot of hoopala from people (ft or pt) boasting bout their snapper mowers...oh well, to each their own.
  7. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I've used most of the big names. Exmark, Scag and Hustler are in a league by themselves. The other names just don't measure up to these three. All three are excellent machines, You have to compare prices, features, warranty, and most of all quality. All three give excellent finished cuts. I bought a Hustler because in my experience it proved to be the best mower overall when doing comparisons on what I needed from the machine. You have to demo each and decide what is right for your situation.
  8. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

I compared them and decided on an Exmark. Finally I made the right decision. lol\
    But you need to test drive each one, look at the decks see how they cut. Decide for yourself which one you like best.
  9. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I was real interested in getting a Snapper wb back in the early 90's. It seemed like a nice unit. This is when I was in Michigan. One of the larger lawn mower dealers in my area now handles Snapper, but doesn't stock any of the larger wb's. Five years ago I mentioned I might want one and he looked at me like I was crazy. I don't think he has ever sold one.
  10. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

You do need to demo them so when you buy a HUSTLER you will have NO question in your mind that you made the right choice!!