1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

exmark vs. scag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lee's lawn service, Apr 14, 2008.

1. lee's lawn service

lee's lawn service LawnSite Member

im wanting to get a new mower in running a 52 scag now im wanting to go bigger so im looking at the 61 scag are the 60 exmark what do you guys think
  2. tyaroch

tyaroch LawnSite Member
    from MI

Get the one whose dealer has the best service and demo both.
  3. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree demo and see which mower you like. If your running a Scag now you will notice some differences in the controls. Also when I demoed the Exmark I noticed that the Scag holds hills better. I bought the 29 dfi 61 Tiger and the velocity plus deck is the best all around deck that I have used. Hydro coolers,adjustable handles, just some things to keep in mind. Someone has a pic of a new Exmark on here I just looked at. Nice looking machines, Its a tough decision. Your not going to go wrong with either machine but my vote is for SCAG. "SIMPLY THE BEST":waving:
  4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

How large of a unit do you want? A full size Turf Tiger or something a little lighter like a Wildcat? All good machines. The Lazer AS with the 28 Kawasaki is a great ZTR also at a low price for what you get. Two good company's that work well in your area.
  5. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I'll weigh in and vote for Scag also. The Turf Tiger or the Wildcat with the /velocity deck will cut in any situation like tall or wet grass. The quality of cut is very good too. Also make sure the dealer serves you well.
  6. ajagnea

ajagnea LawnSite Member

Thought you were looking at a dixie also, what happened?
  7. skeet

skeet LawnSite Member

Look at the 61" Tiger CUB and save a few bucks.
  8. jggarrettllc

jggarrettllc LawnSite Member

i have a 61 tiger cub and haven't had any problems

plus personally i think it is more comfortable than exmark
  9. lee's lawn service

i was looking at the dixie choper but i dont like the deck so im thinking about the 28 kaw 60 exmark are the 61 wildcat the scag is more 8000 for the exmark and 9600 for the scag
  10. lee's lawn service

hat is alot of money i no but what ever machine i get im going to get the good seat they said it is 500 more for that seat