exmark vs. scag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by will123, Jan 20, 2004.

1. will123

will123 LawnSite Member

I'm getting back into the buisness this year and I don't know if I want to get the Lazer Z or new scag tiger cub> anyone 's feedback would be appreicated!!!!:blob2:
  2. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

My first mower was an exmark walk behind, which I still own. Last year I purchased my first scag rider (24h.p.Honda,52"deck). I am very pleased with my scag rider, as well as the scag wb I used most of the time last year. The reason I went with scag is primarily because of the dealer/service in my area. As far as quality I feel scag is just as good of a machine, if not better.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Both companies make great machines

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

Captaingreen how ya like the 24 horse honda on the cub . I just bought one after season was finished and have yet to put into production
  5. do want a comparsion of the tiger cub and the lazer z hp or the full sized lazer.

ive owned both machines the hp and the cub
  6. rotgg

rotgg LawnSite Member

7. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

wb eXmark or Scag. Z riders eXmark only.
  8. CNE

CNE LawnSite Member

I have an Exmark 23HP Kohler, 52" cut and love it. Have not used a scag but I would buy another Exmark without question.
  9. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

Boturf, very pleased with the 24hp. It has plenty of power and I also like the canister air filter. I used it on some fall cleanup and it never bogged down through thick piles of leaves, it just cuts right through. I've always been a fan of Honda engines.
  10. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

Great !!!!!!! cant wait till spring to start running it , if its as dependable as my 2 walkbehinds i cant go wrong , i did make a striping kit for it with the 5 /16 chain just couldnt see paying 300.00 plus for it when all i have in the home made one is about 40 bucks