Exmark vs. Scag?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by advantagelawn, Apr 2, 2004.

1. advantagelawn

advantagelawn LawnSite Member

I have always used Exmarks for all the companies I worked for and last year when I bought my own and started up I got a 52" Exmark wb. I love it and dont want anything else, but I have a problem, I dont have a legit dealer/service up here for it. Our best dealer sells Grasshopper(own 2) and Scag. Was wondering how the Scag wb's compare to the Exmark, never really had a chance to run one. How good is the deck, does it mulch well, hydros worth a damn? Let me know, cause I'm about to get another 52 and a 36.

PJAKJF LawnSite Member
    from MA

i just bought a 48 wb scag and been using them for about 12 years and think there the most rugged machine i ever used though never got my hands on an exmark you won 't be sorry buying scag
  3. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

scags use the same hydro/engine options as exmark and they are good mowers but scag mowers dont cut as good as the exmarks too bad there is no support in your aera
  4. exmarklover

exmarklover LawnSite Member
    from midwest

Search another thread about a month ago. It was under the same name exmark vs. scag lots of response!
  5. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I would have to disagree here. I use Scag and demoed Exmarks many times and find that my Scags with advantage deck cuts better and also disperses clipping way better than Exmarks IMO. Scags are great machines.