Exmark Vs. Snapper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dgregg, Mar 30, 2004.

1. dgregg

dgregg LawnSite Member

I am looking into buying either a Exmark Metro 48" with the Kohler 15 horse, price is 2649.00. Or a Snapper Pro 48" with the 14 Horse Kawasaki for 2150.00. Both are Fixed Deck Gear-Drives but the Snapper is last years model. Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I use all Snapper mowers, so I can't comment about the Exmark personally. I know they are great mowers, but just not knowledgeable about the specs and prices of them.On the other hand, 2100.00 for a new leftover 03 is a pretty good deal, and you can't go wrong with the Kawasaki motors IMO. Demo them both and see for yourself if that is possible.

3. venecular

venecular LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I have many years of experience with Snapper and with my experience, if you are serious about lawncare then go with Exmark. You will learn not to even look at Snapper...

Just my opinion and like they say, Opinions are like butt holes, they all STINK...

4. sglawn

sglawn LawnSite Member

I use a snapper 48" hydro floating deck more than anything. It has a 14hp kaw. In my opinion this is the only way to go. My friend uses a exmark metro, and i get a better cut out of a yard, we have compared them. But i also think the floating deck makes a big difference if your budget can go for that!

5. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

i have a 48 inch kawi snapper walk behind... very nice mower.. no complaints

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Exmark......................

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

eXmark...eXmark....eXmark

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I have a friend with a snapper belt drive with the loop handles. His mexcian decent works small hands have trouble graping tight enough on the controls to turn. (If it was a 21" cast alumium mower i would say yes. Both of mine are 30 years old with new engines 8 years ago. Those things are bullet proof.) I like the full float of the snapper over the exmark. But I have a metro and its built better than my buddies machine. So spend a little more and get the exmark. Plus that v twin 15 kawi will give you less trouble than the 14 single kawi

9. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

If you have any questions about an Exmark you can come to this site and get the support from Exmark or any owner in a heartbeat. You can’t do that with Snapper! The more horsepower you can get the better! Between the two I would opt for the Exmark. They don’t have a loyal following for nothing. Demo each one and see which one works best for you though.
    Jeff