Exmark vs Toro Aerator

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by weeble67, Feb 26, 2012.

1. weeble67

weeble67 LawnSite Senior Member

Like a lot of LCO's out there I have been following the Lawn Solutions buyout by Exmark. I was looking at the Lawn Solutions aerator and then when Toro bought them so I kept waiting.

Now Exmark and Toro have released their aerators. I'm geared towards the ride on. My current aerator is a Ryan Lawnaire V that has more than paid for it's self.

My question, has anyone noticed any differences in the Toro or Emark ride on aerators? I am gearing up for what I predict as my largest aerating and over-seeding years. So I'm chomping at the bit to order one, yet scared to buy a first year product.

Anyone out there already order theirs? If so what did you order and what made you decide on that?

Thanks,

Chris

2. docjones

docjones LawnSite Member
    from WV

Although I could be wrong here, I don't believe Toro is offering the 24" dual hydro walk behind aerator. They are only offering the 21" single hydro. Exmark is offering all 3 aerators. I don't know if Toro is selling the ride on either.

3. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

They had a ride on with a toro badge on it in jan at the mn green expo.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

yes they are both selling the stand on...i'm 99% sure they are selling for $8,999...they DO qualify for the fleet discount...my dealer said he was getting theirs in around march 15th...i'm sure there are small differences in the two "different" companies just like their stand on mowers (vantage/grandstand) but all in all they are pretty much the same machine

5. weeble67

I run Exmark mowers, but am really unsure if the Exmark Aerator is worth the extra change. I sure wish I could see the machines in action. I want to order one so bad, but am just a bit passive. I know they are both selling the 30" ride on, they both look alike. I was unsure if anyone has seen both and can say the reasons they prefer one over the other.

6. TruSomethingOrOther

TruSomethingOrOther LawnSite Member

I have not tried out either ride on (exmark or toro), but have been comparing the two for a little bit and the Exmark seems like a better unit. The toro looks cheap. If you compare the LS and the Exmark side by side, it's double vision.

7. weeble67

I was all ready to buy a LS and then when the buyout took place I held off as I know there were a few LCO's on here with service issues, or concerns. I keep drooling I really want to buy one. I am ready to park the Ryan and ride on my new one. Just shy due to first year production issues and that is a chunk of change to throw out.

8. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

Pulled the trigger on the Toro ride-on yesterday. Pretty much a Toro shop so hopefully it is not a piece of crap while the Exmark isn't. Since this design has more or less been produced before I am hoping that there are not first year issues. We shall see!

9. weeble67

Hey RodneyK what shop in Fort Wayne did you buy it from? They have it in stock or do you have to wait? I'm eager to hear what you think of it.

10. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

Bought it from More Farm Store in Columbia City, IN. I am not sure when I will take delivery. Production has been delayed. I think it might ship around 3/17.

The dealer was going to have a unit from Toro at the Fort Wayne Home and Garden Show this past Friday. Not sure if it will still be there 3/4 which is the last day of the show.