exmark vs. toro? diffrence?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Drivefaster35, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Ok I am currently running all deere right now but looking to go elsewhere for many reasons. I have always been interested in exmarks hustlers and toros but for right now persueing intrest in toro and exmarks. Just what are the diffrences between the two other than there decks. I am currently looking at 2 maybe three zero turns a 60" diesel with bagger another 60" problly diesel for side dioscharged lawns and a smaller 48" deck gas engine zero turn. I am also interested in 2 walk behinds in the 48" range but not sure which model to go with the exmarks look much more user friendly with the ecs handels rather than toro's T bar. any help would be awsome I'm sure I'll have tons more questions in the feuture on specifics to help make a decision.
  2. advantage landscaping

advantage landscaping LawnSite Member

The T-Bar is, I have heard, the best actually. I have the traditional pistol grips but I think the ECS would be nice...

All the machines are commercial and support is really the most important thing. Some people are loyal to Scag, toro, exmark... they all work great and do a great job. See which one gives you the package you want - and where you are going to get the best local service.
  3. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I posted this in the wrong catigory I think I better move it for morw feedback sorry.
  4. Seacoast

Seacoast LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Exmark bought out Toro's commercial mower division (I think)

I have a Toro Proline with a T bar and it is not hard to use at all. I like it a lot, very manuverable!
  5. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

no, toro bought out exmark in 1999.

the toros and eXmarks are identical, other than the deck, spindles, and colors. it doesnt matter which way you go with either of those machines. demo demo demo. find which dealer is the best. for the walkbehind, the t-bar is great, but dont get it. the only use those for the belt driven mowers. you want a hydro. they offer the new t2 paddle for toro. eXmark's walkbehind are awesome too. the ECS controls are great. if you buy and kind of walkbehind, get a hydro. ive got a 52" toro Belt driven walkbehind, its great, but sucks on hills and belts slip and just not as productive as the hydro pumps. so demo some mowers and see whats in your price range and see what you like the best.

just my .02 cents