Exmark Vs. Toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Simplicity LLC, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Lawn Simplicity LLC

Lawn Simplicity LLC LawnSite Member

WANT TO BUY A COMMERCIAL GRADE 21" OVER THE WINTER. THE CHEAPEST I HAVE FOUND THE 21' METRO IS AROUND 875.00 THE CHEAPEST I HAVE FOUND THE TORO IS AROUND 1025.00 NOW WITH BOTH BEING S/P WITH ZONESTART AND DECKS SUPPOSEDLY THE SAME ITS SORT OF A NO BRAINER WHICH WAY TO GO. WHAT ARE YA'LLS EXPERIENCES/ OPINIONS?
    THANKS FOR ANY HELP,
    LARRY:dizzy:

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have two Toro Proline 21's, one is a 5.5 Suzuki two stroke and the other is a 5.5 Kawasaki. Make sure you are comparing the same engines because both have Honda and Kawasaki options. The Toro with the Kawasaki we have is 7yrs old and all we have done is regular maintenance. It still gets used daily, but we are buying a new one next year and will use it as backup.

3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Or something like that. I think eXmark is only 2 yrs but cannot remember. Whats a better engine the Kawai's or the Honda? I have all Kawasaki engines and like them a lot.

4. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I can only speak for the Toro...I have never owned or used an Exmark...but I will say that Toro makes a quality mower. I dont think youd regret buying one. I have four mowers, all Toros. Happy with all of them.

5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

They are both equal there since they are basically the same mower. Either brand you go with you will be happy as far quality of build and cut.