Exmark vs. Toro

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DillonsLawnCare, Jul 13, 2007.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

im looking for a zero turn mower. i dont know what to get. is exmark or toro better.

thanks

2. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Both are good mowers, it would depend on the model and the dealer. What size are you looking at? Are you going to be mulching or side discharging?

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Dont know much about the ZTR's but I just purchased a Toro Walk Behind (40" Toro T2) and its built like a tank and had more features then the Exmark for a little more. Electric Start, floating deck, larger engine, wider deck, heavier deck, better controls IMHO, the vertical for the controls/handle is made of plate steel instead of tubes) I dont think you could go wrong with either, but for me Toro was bang for the buck.

4. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member

Like he said, both good. Comes down to dealer support. I used to buy Husqvarna mowers, but support not that great around here, now buy Scag because the dealer is great.

If you are going to buy a New Ztr, then I think you should get a 61". Think about it, you will be getting almost 10 inch per pass. But if you decide to buy used 52 Toro, that will be good too. I don't think you will cut mow time in half with 52" ztr, but you will notice a significant difference and be less tired at the end of the day, but at 14 you should be like the Energizer Bunny.

5. DillonsLawnCare

im looking at the 60" ultracut zero turn rider side discharge advantage series for $7500 with 25 hp kohler BRANDNEW...or my friends sellling his toro 52" z450 serieswith all accessories maxed out for 5000$ with 250 hours. which one should i go with...or should i buy an exmark used????

6. DillonsLawnCare

well..i dont like the t-bar control on my toro. it hurts the inside of my thumbs around my webbings, and standing up sucks too(for all the big yards)...

i was also thinking about getting a rider then later on down the road get a 36
    '' walkbehind for hills and close trimming on ditches and such. would this be a smart move?

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

They have the exact same setup you should in the picture including sulky for $2500 in Winder, GA, though it doesnt look as nice as the one pictured. If interested in the dealer the name of dealer is Larry's Easy Pay.