Exmark vs toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A+Elawnservice, Feb 7, 2002.

1. A+Elawnservice

A+Elawnservice LawnSite Member
    from nj

Hello, I have bin looking at pictures on this site as well as pictures on exmarks and toros site and they look like the same mower. Just some minor differences like driving controls but every thing else seems the same. Well my question is has anyone compared the two what are the differences? To me the only difference is the name insted of toro sticker on it it is exmark.

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a reason why they are so similar. The Toro Company owns eXmark.

3. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

The decks are different. Toro uses a stamped deck. Exmark uses a manufactured deck. In my opinion the stamped decks don't cut or stripe quite as nice as the manufactred decks.

4. LexingtonKYcutter

LexingtonKYcutter LawnSite Member

I mowed with both. Even though the Toro is built at the Exmark factory, the decks are completely diffrent! The Toro just dosent strip and shoot the grass out like the Exmark. I had a buddy with a toro that was constantly in the shop as well, bad servicing dealer. I would ask to demo both and see what you think. Also check out the dealers service dept. Thats almost as important as the machines cut!

Good Luck!

PS My employees and I love my Exmark Fuel Injected Lazer Zs

5. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I ran both and won't say anything bad about either. Ive can say to the KYcutter so your friends toro was in the shop all the time, was this deck related? Only difference in the cut on those two machines is the toro's cut alot better when wet,and discharges very well all the time. Marks Mowing Service.......Both Machines Do a Great Job

6. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

2 man,
    your post on the stamped deck Toro is only half correct. The 62" & 72" decks on the full size Z Masters are not stamped, they too are fabricated. A & E, do a search on both these machines and you will find the differences and opinions. If you cut in damp or wetter climates, go with the Toro. The superflow deck design is far superior in discharging clippings than that of most Z Riders. We just bought our 6th one.

Mike

7. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Check the frames the Toro is different more supportr for the casters

8. A+Elawnservice

A+Elawnservice LawnSite Member
    from nj

thanks alot for replying

9. Downeast

Downeast LawnSite Bronze Member

the paint on the Exmark is a little darker .