exmark vs walker??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ZX12R, Apr 27, 2003.

1. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

I heard through a dealer that ,next year,exmark is comung out with a maching to compete with the walker.Anyone hear of this? I think competition is good.

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We run Walkers and Toro's version of the Exmark. Exmark will never be able to compete with Walkers version NOR would Walker ever compete to the Exmark ZTR. Each is a machine for its own purpose and feel neither could be copied. Each has had years to develop where they are today.

3. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

each mower has its place in the market

4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Exactly.

5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Before Exmark built the Lazer, they had a machine called the Explorer. It was a dedicated bagging unit much like the Walker. They also offered a non-bagging unit called the Explorer II. They quit building these units a few years back. My dealer said they quit building them due to a very low sales after the Lazer hit the market. Maybe they are bringing them back??? Good question for the guys at Exmark in the Exmark forum. :) ED

6. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I have wondered if Exmark had a unit like that,because in their catalog/brochure there is a picture of one.

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Greenman,
    I have their 2003 catalog and I do not see anything in there that looks like a Walker clone. Toro has/had a Walker clone. Since Toro owns Exmark, maybe they gave the design to Exmark to see if they can improve it and then market it as an Exmark.:confused:

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Mowingman- mine is 2002 catalog, page 16.

9. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

If they do, I hope they work the throttle and steering the same as the Walker. A Bob-Cat 100 looks similar to the Walker but, the controls are the same as a reguler Z. The way the deck follows the ground, it's hard to keep a straight line.