Exmark walk behind parts/repair list?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by peppy, Aug 23, 2006.

1. peppy

peppy LawnSite Member
    from DE

A buddy of mine has it at his place and has not ran it in two years. the last time he did, the recoil string came out and he was having problem with the safety switches he said. His wife just had twins and he has no time to tinker with it. I want to help him out and try to get it running again. The recoil is off the mower so I will need to put that back on and soak everything down with WD-40. As for the switches, i dont know where to start. Any help appreciated

Make: Exmark
    Model: FC420V160231
    Code: FC420V160231CS05
    Engine Type: Kawasaki

It looks like this: (engine is different though)
    [​IMG]

2. peppy

peppy LawnSite Member
    from DE

I got the recoil all put back together (pain in the rear) and I took off the motor cover. It had rust all over it so I took a brillo pad to it and cleaned the side of it to get a better contact with the coil. The next thing I did was to try an trace the wires back to the switches and I kinda got them all traced. to make a long story short, I got it running after 2 years of sitting but i did have to dissconnect a red wire on the right side of the engine in order for me to get a spark. I have no idea what it is for but it was attached to a white wire going to some sort of module or something. tomorrow I am going to tackle the flat tire and probably lube up the pulleys. I also have to try and figure out where I can buy parts for it at a good price. If they even still make it?

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Peppy,
    Where are you located in DE. I can direct you to your nearest Dealer.
    Brian

4. peppy

peppy LawnSite Member
    from DE

New castle, 19720

5. peppy

peppy LawnSite Member
    from DE

New castle, 19720
    Will the dealer be able to provide me with a repair manual?
    Thanks

6. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Your local dealer is Suburban Lawn & Equip Inc. at 302-998-6666.
    You can get your manual online.
    -Here is what you do:
    -Go to www.exmark.com
    -Click on Service & Support
    -Scroll down to Operator and Parts Manual
    -Use your model and serial number from your machine to find the correct manual and you can print it off at home for FREE

If you have any problems let us know!

Thanks
    Brian

7. lordmaximus240

lordmaximus240 LawnSite Member

gotta love the reps on this site who take the time to help us guys on lawnsite. What a great community!!!!!!

8. peppy

peppy LawnSite Member
    from DE

I went to that store. Talk about toys! 10 minutes from my house too. Thanks Brian