exmark walkbehind controls

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kickin sum grass, Jan 27, 2006.

1. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious on how people like the exmark walkbehind controls ecs or whatever they call them compared to pistol grips. The reason I am asking is my hands started going numb after several lawns last year. Will these new controls help prevent/reduce the numbness. I only use the walk on about 10-12 lawns per week, but usually they are grouped 3-4 at a time. any take on this would be great.
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

When i went to look at mowers this past year, i didn't like pistols, i have the ECS (enhanced controll system) and i love it. Very comforable and the way the handles are angled up and in, makes your hands less vulnerable to brances and other things that you could hit your hands on in a turn close to an object.
  3. jaghr

jaghr LawnSite Member

I have ExMark Metro HP and I love it. Haven't had any problems with ECS, I prefer it over pistol grip.
  4. scarr133

scarr133 LawnSite Senior Member

pistols suck, go with the ECS controls. you'll love them!
  5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I have an eXmark 36 with a flexie- supposed to be the best-hydro etc. 2002 model I hate the controls - they are jerky- I like deer jerky, but i do not like mower jerky

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i love the ecs controls but its kinda wierd at first . no pistol grip in the side of your waist anymore.
  7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Here try them.

799-try them.jpg
  8. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Good one John Gamba, almost looks like you can grab the handles and try them out.

I used a pistol grip for many years, and last year went with the ecs controls. Man, what a difference in the way it makes your hands feel after all day long.
    My son has had corple tunnel in his hands and the ecs controls do good for him too.
  9. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

kickin- I have the same exact problem, I use my older Exmark Viking w/pistol grips and my hands go numb after a few lawns. My 05 Metro HP has the ECS system and I could cut all day and not have any problems. IMO the best set up for w/b's.
  10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If you stand up you can:)