1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

exmark walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Andersonlawnscape, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Andersonlawnscape

Andersonlawnscape LawnSite Member

I have the opurtonity to pick up a2004 EXMARK WALK BEHIND TT4819KAC with only 19 HOURS. Was wondering if anyone had a rough estimate of what this machine would be new. I can get the mower for $3450, but was wondering if it would be better to go with a new one, since this mower was a demo model.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds cheap what's a new 1 cost, sulky will run you 300 bucks you will be set to cut next season.
  3. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

I think I would snatch that one up. You will save a good chunk of change over a newer model
  4. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

That an awesome deal, buy it NOW. New they are $5400 or so.
  5. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

It sounds not that bad. I got my '01 TT5217KAC with 2 wheeled sulky for $2500. Don't let the hours fool you, you "must" cut and run it, listen and feel yourself. As soon as I got my 52", I switched to Amsoil 10-30, since then the engine runs like workhorse. New one is ridiculous...$5400 and more for 52".
  6. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

As long as were on the topic I have a question. I have a 2000 52" TT with a 19 Kawai on it, it runs awesome, I just rolled 1400 hrs on it. I am looking to get rid of it just because I dont like the postol grips and I would like something a little less used. I paid 2500 for it 2 seasons ago (no sulky). It has it share of scratches and the paint is looking pretty faded but mechanically it is top notch. What do you think I could sell it for now?

On top of this I came across a really fresh looking 2003 60" TT with a 23 kohler. I have not seen it in person, but the pics looked pretty good. It has 1000hrs on it. The guy will sell it for 2300. Do you think that is a pretty good deal? I was thinking about buying it, holding onto it for the winter and trying to get more out of it in the spring. Do you think this is possible? It depends on what I do with my 52" really, but I would really like to trade for the 60 which has the ecs and a kohler engine (way quieter than my kawai) Let me know what you think both of these mowers are worth. Thanks.
  7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Sailin, the 52'' TT if it still has the original engine is prolly worth around 1000. The 60'' TT would go for around 2500-3000.
  8. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

lawnmaniac- thanks for the insight, can anyone else agree or disagree with these figures? I think your prices are a bit low though, I can see that with prices like that I could sell either one very quickly. The key to selling mowers is to get rid of them when everyone wants em, come spring time it is likely that you will find a lco that is in need of a mower really bad and will be willing to pay a bit more for it. Used prices on mowers are so up and down it is crazy, is there some guide of price guide out there (similar to KBB)?? I think a discussion about this topic is worthy of having on this board, people are always looking to buy and sell used equipment, and the more people contribute to it the better idea we all can get for setting prices. I try to use ebay as a reference, you just say. "i saw a similar mower on ebay in better shape go for X amount of dollars, therefore yours is only worth X."
  9. fjk

fjk LawnSite Member
    from ga

i just start in lawn service and need to no if i should use a trailer or buy a lawn truck to start or just use my chevy 1500 and a trailer please help