Exmark-Walker Gurus need your help!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craftybigdog, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to put a bigger deck on my Navigator, will the 62 in side discharge walker deck work on my Navigator? Thank you

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Ummm...I am about 100% sure that Walker and Exmark decks are NOT interchangeable. Which is one reason I went with Walker over Exmark, Walker has soooo many more options/attachments.

3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

no, they will NOT work.

4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

they will not work.

Don't understand the theory behind buyng a dedicated bagger and then spending the money on a larger side discharge deck.

Open the door, call it a day and be prepared for a very uncomfortable ride if it's not nice terrain.

Walker does have many more options then the Navigator because that's all the build. However, obviously, Exmark has many more models then Walker.

Read my sig, haha.

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i assume the theory part was for me... ok, so a new mower that discharges or mulches is about 7500 (midsized exmark for example). you already have a walker mower that you can discharge out the rear or bag with. step up to a larger discharge deck for about 1/2 to 1/3 of the price of a midmount or whatever... where's the sense in having two pieces of equipment to keep serviced, more room on a trailer or in a shop. pull up to the new deck, pull two hitch pins and release the PTO coupler, install new deck in place. what doesn't make sense about that?

6. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello, imo base your machine on the job size and quality of finish u require .
    A 62 s/d deck 4 a walker is a slight mis match .Eg on the jobs where 62 would become usefull the walker performs a little slow and a little uncomfortable. A good universal size 4 a walker is the 52 s/d .
    A midmount 60 will out perform a 62 walker most days on the appropiate size job .

tomo:waving:

7. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Hustler Super Z 66" and a Super Z 72" I just like the Exmark and would like the ability to put a slightly larger deck on it for some of my accounts, when the guys have the other 2 mowers out.

8. DSTC

DSTC LawnSite Member

Buy a Walker for around the same price, then buy yourself a walker 62" S/D deck for about $2K or so (don't know exactly but my 48" GHS deck cost $1500 when I upgraded my dump box), then your set to go.

Why would anyone buy a knockoff of the original when they can buy the original?

I'm sorry to people that have the opinion that the Navigator is in any way better than a Walker, it just isn't. I have three dealers that I do business with and ALL of them agree that the Navigator is trash compared to a Walker. One dealer sells Walker and Ferris, one of them sells Exmark and Scag, and one of them sells Walker and Exmark.

Both of the Exmark dealers I have talked to this year about Navigators have said that they only sold 1 of them this year and that the customers that bought them have done nothing but complain. The Walker/Exmark dealer has sold 35 Walkers this season compared to 1 Navigator, and that's with both of the machines in the same showroom sitting side by side.

I did demo the Navigator before I decided to buy my 2nd Walker this year. The ONLY thing that I like about the Navigator is that you can flip a switch to go from bagging to mulching on the 2007 model. Previous models did not have this feature. Other than that one feature......well I bought Walker #2 so I guess that says it all for my personal demo of the 2 machines.