Exmark warranty

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by mowhunter, Mar 10, 2004.

1. mowhunter

mowhunter LawnSite Member
    from nj

Hi Terry,

What's the story on the transferrability of Exmark's warranty?

from the eXmark website:

This warranty may only be assigned or transferred to a second (or third) owner by an authorized eXmark dealer. The warranty period commences upon the date of the original retail purchase.

1) How do you get and 2)What criteria is used by 3)Which dealer to determine the transfeerabilty?

Thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

3. mowhunter

mowhunter LawnSite Member
    from nj

Thanks for your ur quick reply. Sorry I wasn't clear.

I called your 800 number on the web site. The person says the dealer has to look at the mower and determine whether the warranty can be transferred?

He seems to indicate that it is at the discretion of the dealer, but not an automatic thing like a new car warranty. IS THIS CORRECT?

That is why I asked:

1) If I really have to haul the mower to a dealer (a big hassel is true), which dealer should I take it to? The one I brought it from or any dealer?

2) What would be the criteria for a dealer to judge whether the warranty can be transferred (seems very subjective)....

Thanks

4. eXmark

Mowhunter,

You probably talked to our warranty administrator. The reason we want to have the dealer look at the machine is realy for your benefit. The warranty doesn't change, it is what it is. The reason we want it inspected is so you are aware of the condition of the mower and aware that some items that may fail or are currently damaged or not working that may or may not be covered under the warranty. It helps ensure there is no confusion and hard feelings when if an issue does arise with your machine.

The problem we run into is that the warranty is there to protect you as a consumer to ensure that the machine was built up to the standards is was supposed to be. To help ensure you get what you pay for when purchased new. It covers defects in materials and workmanship. Far too often this is misunderstood and that's when thing get a little messy.

If you have any questions drop me a call at 1-800-667-5296

Thanks

Terry

5. BladeRunner1967

BladeRunner1967 LawnSite Member

Terry,

I just purchased a Lazer HP 52" 23"Kawi from a local exmark dealer and they told me warranty is only to the end of the year. It is an '03. 98 hours.

Btw...I love this machine...just need time to learn how to drive it. lol

Thanks.

6. eXmark

Bladerunner,

Congratulations! It's no secret the 52" Lazer HP is one of my favorite machines. If you like it now, just wait till you get some "stick time" on it.

Please let us know if you have any questions at all.

Thanks

Terry