exmark wb and simplicity prices now!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mac43rn, Nov 27, 2001.

1. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

I went to my dealer today and received price quotes for the two mowers:

simplicity 38" with honda v-twin 16hp honda engine, bagger and extra dedicated mulching deck. Simplicty has made it very easy to switch out the decks and I want the option to bag (very well) and mulch (very well). I will also be receiving the bagger that runs an extra $400.
    Total price $3700 (this includes two decks and bagger)

I also received a price quote on a 36" exmark turf tracer hp with the new ecs controls and 15 hp kaw engine.

$4100 for mower
    proslide $350
    bagger???
    mulching kit $150

Just looking for a few more opinions. I could probalby get a less expensive wb, but I want the option of free floating deck and hydro, which both the turf tracer and the simplicity have.

Again, I really want to stripe with a good quality cut. I know the simplicty does it very well. I have not seen any pictures of stripes with the exmark turf tracer. Any more suggestions??

thanks

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you considered Scag? My WB with the ProSlide stripes awesome. I have the Advantage deck which is fixed as I see no reason for a floating deck on a walkbehind.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

First off, your talking 2 different ballparks. One is a simplicity and one is an eXmark. Two different extremes.

With a 36" deck you don't need a floating deck. I asked eXmark the same question, and the response is that because of the spacing of the front caster wheels scalping isn't a problem. Hydro is very nice, but in a 36" its not necessary. If you want to spend the extra $$ for a hydro you will not regret it.

My 36" exmark metro stripes great. Makes more defined lines than my Lazer. Add a proslide and the stripe would be awesome. If this is for you home only the exmark would be the last mower you would ever buy. Most of us put more hours on a mower in one year than a homeowner will in 6 or 7 years. At an average of 40 hours per year you would put on it will take forever to get to 2000 or more hours. I would not plan on getting that kind of hours from a simplicity.

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

The first thing your dealer should have done is ask whether this will be homeowner or commercial use. If he is going to knowingly sell you a simplicity for commercial use, he is merely a money-*****. He should be addressing your usage concerns if he wants repeat business.
    Secondly, if you are unaware of your specific needs ask around a little and use the search feature here. Good luck with your purchase.

5. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

check out great dane they have some good deals going right now.