Exmark WB Purchase Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darryl G, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I was wondering if any of you Exmark guys could tell me if the 2002 model is any better than the 2001. I'm looking at the Turf Tracer HP, 48 inch deck hdyro with the 17 HP Kawa, electric start and ECS. I can get the 2001 model for $300 less than the 2002 ($4,600 vs $4,900). This will be the primary mower for a one-man-show. Thanks in advance.

2. toby

toby LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Hydro parking brake is standard on new models, a $150 value.

3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

You will definately like the parking brake. I had one put on my older Exmark Viking and love it. It holds my w/b solid on the trailer. The ECS controls I havn't heard a whole lot of positive response about them. I've seen them but have never tried them so I can't give an opnion. If you look on Exmarks website it will show you what's new fo 2002 and you can decide if you think the extra $300.00 is justified. Good luck.

4. lawnfire

lawnfire LawnSite Member

I purchased a 2002 Turf Tracer hp 48" 2 weeks ago. It is a wonderful machine!!! I run a Walker 42GHS as my rider, but I needed a w/b. I made a good choice thanks to the feed back on this web site.:blob2:

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the input guys. I ordered the 2002 yesterday and should have it in a few days.