exmark won't start please help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A_THIEFofHEARTS, Apr 16, 2004.

A_THIEFofHEARTS LawnSite Member

I need help guys bad ! I just got done mowing my parents yard when i came to a stop and began to shut my48 exmark lazer ct what I did was i put the throttle at idle before i shut the pto off and now I can't get it started the ignition will only click please somebody help me .it is a brand new mower i know i suppose to disagage at half throttle but i wasn't thinking when i did it.i sure would like to hear from you exmark guys or anybody else that might be able to help..thanks in advance
  2. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I have had this happen before. In my situation, the battery was either dead or one of the safety interlocks wasn't set.
  3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

n1alx, may be onto something. That does have an electric pto, right? However, being a new mower, let the warranty take care of it. You wouldn't want to mess with it and void the warranty.

thanks guys i was panicing ,,i will call them and have them pick it up for me.i'm glad i don't have any yards to mow tomorrow thanks again for your input guys
  5. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I have on occassion forgot to set my emergency brake. It won't start unless the emergency brake is on. Just a possibility.
  6. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

If it was a safety switch it wouldnt click at all. I would try a set of jumper cables on it before I wasted my time taking it to the dealer.
    Any way LET us know what you find out when you get it running . No one ever posts to tell what the fix was.

the brake is on and the battery is charged when i turn the key on all it does is click . not sure what the safety interlock is or located.I wish i knew what had happen. it will bother me allnight.intill i find out what is wrong .well anyway glad it's still under warranty .have a good weekend everybody.
  8. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a safety interlock or the solenoid is bad.
  9. not asking to be smart, I'm asking from personal experience... Are you sure you shut the PTO off? I have had this type thing happen to me..........
  10. trimmerhead

trimmerhead LawnSite Member

Yeah that sounds like the PTO. It has happened to me before too.