1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark x series or toro 6000

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by MIGreenscape, Mar 17, 2013.

1. MIGreenscape

MIGreenscape LawnSite Member
    from MI

Just seeing how you all like your exmark x series?( or toro 6000) please only machines newer than 2011, i know the older ones already, i think in 2011 exmark put nascar struts on thier deck?, anyways im in the market and wantin options. Also would you go with efi?

2. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes efi. It pays for itself in fuel very fast. My next won be carbureted.

3. MIGreenscape

from MI

Thank you, are toro and exmark the same price?

4. ddixon7

ddixon7 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2013 X series and LOVE it. The think the main difference is obviously going to be the deck and that is probably a personal preference. I like the Exmark but haven't ran the Toro.

5. MIGreenscape

from MI

Dixion, how is the new seat on the 2013?

6. ddixon7

ddixon7 LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice. Wouldn't mind buying some for my house lol.

7. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a 2011 with 560 hours and not a single problem (29 hp carb kawasaki) i bought a mule and it has the fuel injection and it is awesome. the FI engines are good on fuel and you don't have to fool with a choke. 100 degrees or 25, turn the key and it fires up.

8. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

Everyone is going to be running these new EFI engines in 10 years. I have better Exmark service in my area. What service center is better in your area?

-Michael

9. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

sat in one of the new seats last week. they are just as comfortable as the old suspension seats and you can replace the ones on your mower with one for a whopping $750

10. catpride22

catpride22 LawnSite Member

I have the Exmark and the Toro and the toro with the turbo force deck here in Michigan wins hands down.Simply outperforms the ultra cut in all wet/damp conditions.Doesnt stripe as well as the Exmark,which both have a striper kit.Still not that impressed with the 29 kohler efi.