Exmark XS 60, 66, or 72 - which one?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by smartwork, Mar 17, 2006.

1. smartwork

smartwork LawnSite Member
    from TN

I'm cutting about 6 acres - some of which is open field with gentle rolls. The remainder is slightly sloped yard around a house. I really like the newer 72 with the 35hp engine and have tried to read reviews to compare the 72 to the 60. I really don't see much on the 66. If I understand correctly, they all come with 26" tires in the XS series. I've also read about the uneven striping on the 72. How about scalping on the larger decks?

If you had to summarize, what are the pluses and minuses of the 60, 66, and 72 and which one would you buy?

Thanks!

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello smartwork,
    Thanks for your interest in the Exmark brand. I like the 66" model for what you are mowing. More than enough hp for the deck size, trim side distance from side of deck to the drive tire is 7.5", no scalping concerns and the productivity is high. It is our hottest selling mower this spring.
    It is the first year for the 66" deck, maybe that is why you have not heard a lot about it. We have had 60" and 72" decks for years. Resale would be high on all our machines.
    Talk to your local dealer and demo a unit.

Thanks again for looking at Exmark.

http://exmark.com/lazerzxs.htm

Brian

3. smartwork

from TN

Thanks for the follow-up, Brian. Does the 66" come in the smaller frame that the 60" does, or the larger frame available for the 72"? I also want the 26" tires. The dealer mentioned those are only on the 72" but the brochure led me to believe those were available on all three models in the XS series. Which one is correct?

Thanks!

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The lazer xs has 26" tires and the 66" Triton with the 31Hp is Killer Combo

5. smartwork

from TN

I remember reading here that the 72" is off-set which caused the striping to be off on the third path. I interpreted that as the 12" added to the 60" to get the 72 was added to one side rather than centered. That correct? How about the 66"? Does that cause the uneven striping? Also, doe the 66" come in the larger or smaller frame?

Thanks!

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The 66" triton comes on the Lazer Z and the Lazer XS. For the striping question, The 66" should look better then the 72" did.