Exmark XS line now with 15 mph speed!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jtkplc, Nov 15, 2006.

1. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Right from Exmark's website that was just updated: Optional Speed-up kit enables 15 mph ground speed. They also took away the 31hp Vanguard on the XS line. A new engine on the Lazer Z and AS models is a 28 hp Kawasaki engine. Still not a larger diesel engine though...

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Too late for me.

They lost a customer for not producing a good cutting TRITON deck and a faster machine.

I went with Hustler this past summer.

Had they had these options THEN,....it would have been a much harder decision.

3. dozerdogue

dozerdogue LawnSite Member
    from CT

The speed was not an issue when I demoed the 66" lazer XS 31hp BV but the cut was. Even though it had ungodly amounts of power it's clipping dispersal was pretty poor. I think Exmark has addressed that issue this year and am sure it will be an awesome machine it's just that I couldn't't wait for it to be addressed. As for the ridiculous 15mph speed I think it would be fun in transport but realistically cutting speed is about 1/2 that.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I regularly see top speed on my SuperZ and did the same on my F-935's, Flatlander, and LC Lazer.

If you cant understand the need for the speed, this isn't something you need. To others, it is very important.

5. dozerdogue

from CT

I regularly see top speed on my SuperZ and did the same on my F-935's, Flatlander, and LC Lazer.

If you cant understand the need for the speed, this isn't something you need. To others, it is very important.[/QUOTE]
    Believe me I do do understand the need need for speed and if my mower did go 15mph i would be happy. Take a look at my low 8 second street legal car it's definitely not necessary and fully usable on the street but I do enjoy it.:weightlifter:

[​IMG]

6. dozerdogue

from CT

I can't understand for the life of me why my pictures always post twice.

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

You somehow messed up quoting my previous post. Could that be the reason for the two pics?

8. dozerdogue

from CT

I think your right I'll try and get it right next time.

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

You can probably still edit it.

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

CORRECTION!!!!! thats 29hp l/c dfi Kaw plus the 35hp brigs on all decks:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

licking your wounds now tom:)